20th Dec, 14
– UKIP recognises and values an overarching, unifying British culture, which is open and inclusive to anyone who wishes to identify with Britain and British values, regardless of their ethnic or religious background.
– Official documents will be published in English and, where appropriate Welsh and Scots Gaelic.
– UKIP will ensure that the law is rigorously enforced in relation to ‘cultural’ practices which are illegal in Britain, such as forced marriages, FGM and so-called ‘honour killings’
– We will review the BBC Licence Fee with a view to its reduction. Prosecution of non-payments of the Licence Fee would be taken out of the criminal sphere and made a civil offence.
– UKIP will amend the smoking ban to give pubs and clubs the choice to open smoking rooms properly ventilated and separated from non-smoking areas.
– UKIP opposes ‘plain paper packaging’ for tobacco products and minimum pricing of alcohol.
– UKIP will abolish the Department for Culture Media and Sport.
To find out more about all UKIP's latest policies click on Policies for People
Peter Whittle - New Culture Forum - "Beyond Multiculturalism at UKIP Conference Sept, 2013
"Things We Won't Say About Race That Are True" by Trevor Phillips, the former head of the Commission for Racial Equality.
The text of the letter sent by Conservative government to UK Mosques by Communities Secretary Eric Pickles and communities minister Lord Ahmad on 19th January 2015 requesting their help to check extremism in the their communities.